Goal today was to run, do the minimum school work that should have been done before I left and then find a tour for tomorrow. 2 out of 3 accomplished. Only did 8km today but it was tough. My body will acclimate to the altitude by the time I leave. Found single track trails above the town, but there is a labyrinth of these trails and following a particular trail is difficult. The running was much nicer today since I was all alone - yesterday I was running on an unpaved road. The smells of the pine forests is unbelievable - wish I could bottle it to bring home.
Update: I did find a tour for Wednesday - just me and a guide, 7 hour hike (pricey, but an adventure of a lifetime). It is down near Divisidero where the canyons are much more amazing than here. Pretty sure I'll be back in June before I head home.
Update: I did find a tour for Wednesday - just me and a guide, 7 hour hike (pricey, but an adventure of a lifetime). It is down near Divisidero where the canyons are much more amazing than here. Pretty sure I'll be back in June before I head home.
| The trail was worn into the rock - wierd |
| Creel from above |
| Not enough of these arrows - and they are only if you are going in this direction. If you are going in the other direction - good luck |
| Exactly where is the trail? |
| You want me to go down there? Maybe, but this is a mountain bike trail - are you kidding me? I did this as an out and back so this is where I turned |
| Random signage meant to confuse and tantalize at the same time. |
Comments
Post a Comment